Are you interested in working in the Writing Center? Well you’ve come to the right place! Working in the Writing Center is a great academic and professional experience. Students who work here have professional development opporunities, earn transferable credits, and improve their own writing. While we all enjoy these opportunities, everyone who works here agrees that the best part of this job is being able to work with and befriend people from all different backgrounds.
Read through the following information for detailed instructions. Feel free to stop by and visit us some time as well!
- 3.5 or higher in English 101 or higher writing-oriented class
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Genuine interest in diverse perspectives
- Mature judgment and reliability
- Please contact Rosemary Adang at (206) 878-592-3822 or at email@example.com if you are interested in a position.
- Have your writing instructor(s) contact Rosemary Adang at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit a recommendation.
- Read our introductory letter and complete this application and submit it at the Writing Center front desk, along with two writing samples, at least one of which should be an essay from one of your college classes. Then wait to hear from us about the possibility of an interview for a writing consultant position. Feel free to email again if you don't hear back within two weeks.
Benefits of Becoming a Consultant
- Helping others succeed.
- Developing leadership skills.
- Learning about people from all over the world.
- Improving your own writing and academic abilities.
- Earning money while attending school.
- Earning college credit for learning to respond to other writer's work.
- Receiving national certification in peer consulting.
- Adding to your scholastic and career resume.