Abigail, Associate Lead Consultant
Hi, I'm Abigail! I've been at the Writing Center for three quarters now and I'm loving every minute of it. I adore helping you on your creative assignments, as I'm a creative soul myself. I love sci-fi, even if I'm having a fling with Game of Thrones. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to turn those into degrees so I'm getting an AA with French emphasis.
- Major: AA with emphasis in French
- Writing classes taken: English 101, 199, & 200
- Other classes that had a writing component: Engl 112, Hist 117
- Favorite aspect of being a consultant: Getting to improve my revising and critical reading skills.
- Fun fact about me: I've done nanowrimo twice, and I'm a Transformers fan.
Short bio: Hey, Addison here! I am 17 years old. This is my third quarter at Highline, and I hope to end with an AA. I have been playing guitar for almost nine years, and I love playing music in my free time. I like Marvel movies, running, and Mexican food.
- Major: Looking into architecture, but short term, just focusing on general AA.
- Writing classes taken: 101 and 205.
- Other classes that had a writing component: History 146, Psych 101, and I will take Speech 225 in Fall.
- Favorite aspect of being a consultant: Meeting interesting people!!
- Fun fact about me: I used to be really good at pogo-stick. I also enjoy playing guitar and having jam sessions with friends.
Hello everyone! I'm Alvin. I'm just an average dude trying to survive college education. I occasionally write from time to time or whenever I find inspiration while reading something on the internet or seeing something in a video game. My interests are ancient to medieval history (though I like all kinds of history), creative writing, and drama.
- Major: History
- Writing classes taken: ENGL 101, ENGL 200 (Creative Writing), ENGL 254 (World Literature I)
- Other classes that had a writing component: CMST 220 (Public Speaking)
- Favorite aspect of being a consultant: Talking with a variety of people from all walks of life.
- Fun fact about me: I am an amateur internet military historian.
Hi y’all! My name is An - the shortest name ever so you guys had better remember it! I was born and raised in beautiful Vietnam. I love drawing, crafting and especially destroying other people’s stuff to turn them into “art.” Good candle smells can literally drive me nuts; I adore the 90s chick-flicks; I love food in every way imaginable.
- Major: Communications (still deciding!)
- Writing classes taken: English 101, English 199
- Other classes that had a writing component: Communication 220, Philosophy 120, Sociology 200
- Favorite aspect of being a consultant: Not only do I I get to help other students, I also learn a lot from them. I’m inspired every day!
- Fun fact about me: I love making DIYs and crafts. I’m not very good at sports and music, though. My favorite pets are dogs and snakes!
Charlie, Associate Lead Consultant
Hi all, I'm Charlie. I would count myself as an undiscovered aspiring literary genius but that would be what my psychiatrist calls "delusions of grandeur" and my friends call "Charlie being annoying (again)." I'm an English major and absorbed scripturient with a love of unusual words, vagary prose, and punctuational flourish. Working in the Writing Center allows me to appreciate the work of so many other writers.
- Major: Under Scrutiny
- Writing classes taken: Eng. 101, 199, 200, 290, & 299
- Other classes that had a writing component: Honors 100
- Favorite aspect of being a consultant: I love meeting and talking with other students with different and unique backgrounds
- Fun fact about me: I am the dark lord of the Writing Center.
Claudia, Associate Lead Consultant
Hi, I'm Claudia. I was born in California and moved to Washington. Both my mom and dad are from El Salvador—a small country in Central America, thus making me Salvi-Cali. My goal is to become a Health Psychologist, and as the first to go to college, this is a pretty big goal I've set for myself. However, I'm a strong believer of doing anything you set your mind to do. I love brains, neurons get me, and health is priority.
- Major: Psychology
- Writing classes taken: Engl 101, 199 & 205
- Other classes that had a writing component: DGS 110, Psychology 101, 200, and 205, Research Methods 250
- Favorite aspect of being a consultant: I like learning from students. I like learning about their cultures, their writing styles and perspectives. I also enjoy working with a friendly and intelligent staff.
- Fun fact about me: I have collected rocks ever since I learned to walk. I love rocks. I also love brains, and hope to own one, other than my own, one day.
Cristina, Associate Lead Consultant
I'm the girl who's always tired, not for lack of sleep but due to my love for it. Among the other things I enjoy are food, clothes, and down time. I also truly love reading, more often by quantity than quality. I judge books by the cover, ending up dissatisfied and with a bad taste in my mouth--a taste that is often only remedied by the plot of another story. This is perhaps why I love the writing center. Where else would I be able to help decipher and organize people's ideas?
- Major: Journalism/Communications
- Writing classes taken: Eng. 101, 199, 200, & Medieval Lit
- Other classes that had a writing component: Journalism 101 &190, Communications 101 & 235, Liberal Studies 325
- Favorite aspect of being a consultant: Talking to new people :)
- Fun fact about me: I have a cousin with my exact same name.
Emma, Interim Lead Consultant
Hi everyone! My name is Emma and I am a 24 year old English major. I’ve been working at the Writing Center for over a year now and absolutely love it! I continue to learn so much about other students and cultures, all through the writing we share with each other. You’ll spot me in the center usually with a cup of coffee and a book—two of my biggest obsessions. So until we meet again—happy writing!
- Major: Education/English
- Writing classes taken: Eng. 101, 199, & 205
- Other classes that had a writing component: Psychology 100 & 200, Environmental Science 101
- Favorite aspect of being a consultant: I love the diverse group of students and the variety of assignments I see.
- Fun fact about me: I can do coffee art - like a leaf or a heart in your cup.
Lina, Lead Consultant
Hello :) I'm Lina. I like jelly beans. I think I'm an average person, sort of, but not for long, as I have dreams to do something extraordinary even though I'm not sure what it is yet. I'm passionate about education and enjoy listening to music. Most of all, I love talking to people and hearing stories about their experiences and adventures. Ask me about the Blabbing Cup if you're interested in finding a nice environment for studying.
- Major: Elementary Education
- Writing classes taken: Eng. 101, 199, 299, 205
- Other classes that had a writing component: DGS 207; Psyc 100, 200; CMST 101, Hist 146, GE SC 101
- Favorite aspect of being a consultant: I love having conversations with various students and learning about the diversity of their experiences and worldviews.
- Fun fact about me: I climbed cliffs on the edge of Europe.
Natalya, Associate Lead Consultant
Hello, my name is Natalya and I am a Chemistry major! I am a person who likes to dig into things that cannot be explained visually, and see how these things appear physically when they are combined together—it’s just me! Nevertheless, I am not the person like a chemist, who sits on one thing the whole time—I like to travel. If I am not traveling I learn different body languages and different cultures from my friends who are from different countries, so I am making unseen countries appear physically in front of me before my friends.
- Major: Chemistry
- Writing classes taken: Engl 101, 123, 199 & 205
- Other classes that had a writing component: None
- Favorite aspect of being a consultant: Learning unique styles of writing that writers can have.
- Fun fact about me: I speak three languages.
My name is Neydin. This is will be my second quarter at the Writing Center and I’m planning to major in business administration, but it is still undecided. I enjoy Starbucks in the mornings and long walks through the mall. I love Seattle and I have learned to appreciate the sunny days when they come around. I enjoy spending time with my close friends and family. I love to laugh and enjoy cracking jokes with other people. I love meeting new people and creating new friendships!
- Major: Undecided
- Writing classes taken: Eng 91, Eng 101, Eng 205 in the Fall
- Other classes that had a writing component: DGS 110: Global Studies
- Favorite aspect of being a consultant: Meeting new people and learning from all the students that come in!
- Fun fact about me: I’m addicted to shopping and coffee :D
My name is Tabitha and I am quite excited to be a new consultant at the Writing Center. I love to read, (especially the old stuff, I just finished The Brothers Karamazov), I started running about 2 years ago, and I grew up in Brasil (so yes my heart beats as much in yellow and green as it does in red, white, and blue). I look forward to getting to know everyone this quarter.
- Major: Nursing
- Writing classes taken: Engl 101 and 205
- Other classes that had a writing component: Psychology 100 and 200, Communications 101
- Favorite aspect of being a consultant: Meeting with all the students and hanging out with the other fabulous consultants.
- Fun fact about me: I became a runner so I could eat more.
Hi everyone! My name is Tess. I'm majoring in Biology and hope to become a doctor. This is my second quarter at the writing center. I'm very excited to join the cause to create better writers. Outside of the writing center, I like playing video games—RPGs mostly. I also scuba dive whenever I am able to. Thanks for reading and see you in the center!
- Major: Biochemistry
- Writing classes taken: English 101, 199, 205
- Other classes that had a writing component: Psych 100, Psych 220, CMST 220, Phil 120
- Favorite aspect of being a consultant: I love when I'm able to help someone write a difficult paper and take some of their stresses away!
- Fun fact about me: I SCUBA dive.
Rosemary Adang, Director
As co-founder and director of the Highline Writing Center for 14 of the last 18 years, I am dedicated to providing a writing center community for student writers of all backgrounds, skill levels, and academic interests to come together and create the synergy that fosters powerful writing. I also serve on the Board of Directors of the Pacific Northwest Writing Center Association (PNWCA) and teach English and Women’s Studies courses. I am lucky to be involved in such wonderful work!Back to top