A Writing Consultant can . . .
- Become the audience for your paper.
- Help you work out an organizational strategy.
- Help you create and focus a thesis or outline.
- Let you know where you might need more development.
- Help you identify grammar patterns or common errors.
- Help you learn to revise and edit your paper.
- Suggest research resources and techniques.
- Help you find answers to your questions.
A Writing Consultant cannot . . .
- "Fix" a paper for you--it's all about working together through the writing process.
- Work on your paper without you present.
- Work with you on your writing outside of the Writing Center.
- Give you answers to homework questions.
- Give you a thesis to fulfill an assignment.
- Discuss the grade you might receive on your paper.
- Write or edit any aspect of your paper for you.